Saturday 11 October 2008

Sever Beach 10-10-08

Went down to the Severn Beach with bait left over from
a trip to New Passage last Wednesday.
After a right awful start when I could not get anything right
I finally caught a Snotty.
With the tide about 2hrs from high, I was able to get up on
top of the rocks and settle down.
The tide was at 16.42 and 10mtrs
The weather was great light southerly wind and nice and warm.
Baits were Rag, Lug, Squid and Mackeral.
With 1hr to high tide my Squid / Macky Cocktail on a Pennell Pully rig
was pulled out the the bottom and tacken down tide in a classic drop back bite.
A 5 minute wind in produced a 5 / 6ld Conger.
The crab during this time were ripping the worm baits to shreds
in less than 10 minutes.
1 1/2hours after the top as I was starting to pack up
my Lug /Rag cocktail on a pulley rig as well,
started to bounce around and then headed up tide.
Smart and after a really good fight this 12 / 15ld
conger came on to the shore.
It scarred two Polish women who thought it was a Cod? I wish!
I just would not stop riggling about.
A nice finish to a strange fishing day.
Two other anglers also fishing but they only managed two pin Whiting.
Next trip Pole fishing down Bristol Dock early next week.

No comments: