Thursday 25 June 2015

Another trip to Limply Stoke, 23-06-15

Another day with time out,
so back to Limply.
Today I arrived early and set up and fed my usual swim.
 Then I walked along the bank checking out possible new swims,
ones that looked like they may
be worth a cast or two were fed
with hemp and corn plus my pellet mix.
Then it was back to my chosen swim,
I used my normal mix of pellet and doilies,
as well as sweet corn and worm.
Well the Chub were sun bathing and not interested
in any of my offerings.
Then the first of five canoes
cam by. Straight over where my baits were. 
 So leaving one ledger rod out
I set up the float rod 
with instant success.
These little Chub were really
hungry for chopped worm,
as were some small Trout.
 Can you spot the two
hot air balloons?
These drifted sedately over
from west to east.   
Well the fishing was poor the river
was low, slow and very clear. 
The Chub I saw were on the surface
and not interested in feeding.

No comments: