Wednesday 5 July 2017

Ledges, Ladye Bay,04-07-17

Went back to the Ledges
but I intended to fish
low water to high.
Low water was at 10.15
and high water at 16.30.
So I was disappointed
to find it raining when I got there.
This makes the rock area where I
fish very slippery,
so I took a walk along the
sandy area then climbed back
up on to the Ledges.
So I didn't start fishing till 11.30.
Using my usual
baits and rigs
I was able to cast  to my full distance
as it was only a 10.5mtr tide.
The Squid/Mackerel, Squid/Sandeel
cocktail baits were not touched
till 13.50 when this little
Conger decided on a bit of  Squid/Sandeel
cocktail.
 Had to wait a while for my next
bit of action.
This time a 
Thornback Ray.
A male Ray / Shark
can be identified by the
claspers.
These are the two finger type appendages
sticking out to the left.
Females don't have these.
The photos show the underside of the fish.
 This is the upper side of 
the above fish.
 Just after the top of the tide
16.47
this stunning male
Thorny
fell again to the Squid/Sandeel
cocktail
 As can be seen from
the photos
the sun was out all afternoon.
Shortly before I
packed up
This "Snotty" 
more correctly called
Silver Eel or Fresh Water Eel.
took a Squid/ Mackerel bait.
It was on its way to the
Sargasso Sea
in the middle of the
Atlantic Ocean
to spawn.
So ended a very enjoyable trip.

No comments: