Tuesday 14 November 2017

Ladye Bay Ledges. 12-11-17

A chilly westerly breeze greeted 
me at 08.30.
I set up 4/0 pulley rigs
loaded with Lug / Squid
and
Mackerel / Squid
sausages.
I had half a dozen
mangled baits
which were hidden by weed blowing
up the line
or the wind its self.
At 11.30
this small conger took and
held on to the bait.
I had to cut the hook snood
because the conger had swallowed the
bait including the two hooks. 
 As the tide was getting higher
it started to get very splashy.

 There were more munched baits
until 14.16 
when this Conger took the bait
and and pulled the wet out,
this then swept over my other line.
I was lucky to get back both rigs 
as the first was one pulled in the 
second one as it was wound in.
I had to pull the second one by hand because
of a tangle.
That was that,
 with the tide dropping 
I packed up a bit earlier than planned.

No comments: