Friday 25 September 2020

Mead Farm and Lacock 22-09-20.

Earlier start and a longer walk
found me in a new swim.
Whilst putting in some loose feed hemp and sweetcorn,
I saw a number of Chub from under a pound to about
4lb enjoy a free meal.
I set up my kit and then had a walk
further down stream to see if there were
any more swims.

On returning to my swim

I noticed one of the Chub

had 2 golf ball size wounds on it's back.

It was swimming ok but it headed down stream

not interested in any more.

I managed to catch this 2lb 3oz Chub

which took less than a minute pick up the bait

but that was it no more interest.
I took spice flavored Spam.
I then moved on to another new swim,
this one has a drop of over 12 feet.
Lockley I have a net handle that can reach
15 feet.
Again on heading down stream earlier
I put in some free bait and saw some larger Chub.
However once again no interest 
was shown in the hook bait.
I now realized that the clear sky's
and bright sunshine was putting the
fish off feeding.
A further two swims had the same
result.
Absolutely no interest at all.
Even with full cloud cover.
By now it was late afternoon so
I moved on to my chosen last swim.
However there was already another angler in it.
So on to another swim I like to try
but once again already taken.
Third time lucky?
Yes!
Set up and well same again,
absolutely no sign of bigger fish.
I spoke to two other anglers
and they had the same result.
So by 7.30pm I
packed up and headed home.
 

No comments: