Tuesday 15 November 2022

Chesil Beach not coming up to expectations. 12-11-22


Headed down to that beach 
of broken dreams.
Arrived there at first light,
the waves could be heard.
So unloaded the car, put
the box and bits on the trolly
and walked for about 15 minutes.
My son turned up as I
got to the chosen swim.
I took my tackle down the
shingle and helped my son with
his.
I set up shop while he took his car
back to the car park.

My son caught first, a nice 
in size Codling. It was released
as we expected / hoped to catch more.



Sunrise was pretty spectacular.

Well for the next few hours
we had Doggies,
Whiting, Pouting and Conger.

It looks like we were fishing at
the fish kindergarten.

In total I had about 12 fish.
The sea state was a bit choppy
with some larger waves
coming in at times.

Baits used were,
Squid, Rag, Blow Lug, 
Black Lug and mixes of all of them.

There were very few bites after mid day.
Except this buoy,
It spent the morning heading east 
towards Portland.
Then later it returned 
and dragged one of my
lines into my sons lines.
Eventually we managed to 
get it onto the beach.
It weighed about 64lb.
My main line was badly damaged
and has had to be changed.
Shame I had only respooled
the day before and has now been replaced.
It had a shed load of Barnacles
hanging off the netting and line.
  
All in all a very enjoyable
days fishing with my son.
Icing on the cake was
my youngest Grandson 
dragged is Mummy down, 
he is only 2. 
Another very enjoyable
day.
 

No comments: