Wednesday 22 February 2023

Blank then hook in finger. Sunday 19-02-23.

Absolutely cracking morning 
and the view out towards Bath
was really great.
Even the view from my swim
was pretty good as well.
But I little did I know
things would go down hill
later.
I started off with two feeder rods,
one with a ground bait feeder
and with a maggot feeder.

My ground bait the usual with 
red maggots.
I was casting out to the channel
half way across the lake.
I also swopped  over
to a float rod now and again
and tried to the right near the
reeds.
Not a single bite.
So I packed up
when the ground bait 
ran out.
After I packed up I 
caught this Barbel hook
in my finger. 
So I headed off home.
When I got there, I
found a pair of side cutter pliers,
and cut the eye off.
Then pushed the hook through
point first.
It was easier than I thought.
I washed the finger
and then rubbed Germolene
on it.

Well all's good,
no problem.

 

No comments: