Wednesday 20 March 2013

Bagwood Lake 19-03-13

As the rivers are in closed season
I decided to go to Bagwood lake.

My 1st choice swim was taken
 so I went on to the last swim on the venue.

I set up my pole and 
float rod with centre pin reel.

I started at 8mtrs at the bottom of a shelf
and 5 mtrs near the top.
I also fed a swim on the left hand margin
with Maggot and Casters. 
 The pole line at 8mtrs
was baited with 
trout pellet, sweet corn and hemp.
This was formed into balls and squeezed
tight.
Over the top maggot and casters.
 The pole line failed attract much attention
apart from 2 small perch.
At 9.00am 
I tried the margin with the rod and centre pin,
success was instant. 
Nice Rudd to hand and in the bag.
30 Rudd by 10.30
and a couple of perch
were in the bag.
I then tried the pole!
Big mistake
the bites disappeared straight away .
Apart from the odd Rudd
nothing else was caught.
I packed up at 2pm.

As far as I know, 
no carp were caught while I was there
by the 3 carpers.

I did have 2 carp pass the end of my keepnet
but they did not stop for a feed
when they passed my float rig
in the margin.

Another good days fishing
and the weather was not to bad.

No comments: