Friday 27 February 2015

Down the Bristol Frome. 27-02-15

A couple of hours free
found me down the Bristol Frome
at 10.00.

With my trotting rod and Maggots in hand
was not to hopeful I would catch.
The river was down by about 12 -14 inches,
but very brown.
There was a good trotting pace
and up stream wind.

Well feeding my chosen swims as I walked up river,
I started in an area that usually produces lots
of Minnows and other bigger fish.

Twenty minutes later
I moved down stream
to a spot wit an over hanging tree.
This swim also had a total lack
of bites.

Four more swims later
and still no bites,
I packed up at 12.30,
as I had to be back home.

Not a single bite or sucked Maggot,
and 15 hook lengths lost.
I tried in the flow down the crease
and in the slacks,
to no avail.
Never mind better luck next time.

The rivers will be out sorts
next week so if all's good at home,
it will be sea fishing or a muddy puddle.

No comments: