Monday 6 April 2015

Woo Hoo! Out at last. 04-04-15.

With a high tide at 08.09
and a height of 12.7 mtrs.
I had lug and rag for bait
and the usual rigs.
Venue was Rockingham.

With my first cast at 06.20 I was full of hope for some fish.
There was a light North / north west wind.
The bites were few but steady,
at first mainly the bait being sucked on all the hooks,
whether 1/0 or 4/0 so I guess there were a  few crabs about.

Eventually the first rattle on the rod tip produced
a small flounder on Log worm to a 4/0 hook.
This was followed by a small codling
on the specimen rod only 10 mtrs out.
This had lug and rag on a 1/0 hook.

About 20 minuets before high water 
,
this flounder of 1lb 9oz
took the wishbone rig with rag on the 3/0 hook.

 After the the tide turned
I managed another flounder a 2 codling.
A very enjoyable return to fishing at last.

No comments: