Tuesday 21 July 2015

Slow, low and clear. 20-07-15

12.30 and the car is loaded
and I'm fighting some of Bristol's
traffic jams.
Soon enough I clear the traffic
and moving towards
Limply Stoke.
I walked about 1/2 mile of the bank
and found it clear, low and slow.
Decided to pick a swim with
a longish cast.
This seemed to be the best idea as
the fish would hopefully not see me setting up.

Well I guess they were very weary.
Not a touch, even the float fished maggot
failed to entice anything except Minnows.
These Swans and Cygnets spent a good
hour preening themselves.
 Having started fishing at 2pm
it was a surprised when this 3lb 9oz Chub
took a lightly ledgered boillie at 4.20pm.
 A short while later the swans
decided to swim right over my baits. No
problem but when a canoe came by,
I thought it was time for a move
 So I settled in to a swim at the far end of the venue.
Here I fed around a pint of maggot and
three handfuls of pellets under the near side over hanging tree.
On the far side I fired out a few cut up boilies
and pellets to a patch of cabbages and streamer weed.
 A Wren was  in the bush on the far bank
calling for a mate, hoping for a late bit
of slap and tickle.
Well after putting in the last of the
maggots I thought I was in for a blank from this spot.
Having moved at 5pm
it was a surprise, at 9.24pm the rod pulled
round producing this 4lb 1 1/2oz Chub
over the Maggots to a small pellet.
That was it for the day. So packing up at
10pm I was pleased with the result,
with some light drizzle  and gusty
wind it was good to see the pollen was not
a problem.
I'm now planing to head to another
River Avon venue.

No comments: