Wednesday 18 October 2017

Low to high at the ledges.14-10-17

Got to the Ledges at Ladye Bay
at 08.30 just at the bottom of the tide.
 Using Squid, Lugworm, Mackerel
and Bluey.
4/0 Pulley rig loaded with either 
Squid / Mackerel, Squid / Bluey
or Squid / Lug cocktails
on one rod and
Wishbone rig with 3/0 hooks loaded
with Lug.
I caught the first of 13 small Whiting
 on the lug baits.
On that rock surrounded by water
was where my rod were in the photo above.
 An hour and a half later I was back up
on the top of the ledge again.
Having caught four Whiting.
Settling to a more comfortable
fishing platform, I was hoping for
some bigger fish showing up.
 But it was not to be,
this diddly Cat shark was the biggest
of 14 fish caught, even if it was
foul hooked.
High water was at 15.00.
I packed up at 15.30.
An angler to my left caught a Thornback Ray 
soon after he arrived ,
that was his only fish.

No comments: