Wednesday 18 October 2017

New Passage in the edge of a storm 16-10-17

Some Lug left over from Saturday
so headed down to 
New Passage
with Squid and Sandeel.
The wind was a wee bit strong but
using the sea wall as a wind break,
I started fishing at 15.30,
High water was at 17.38 
and I packed up at 19.30.
Both rods had 4/0 Pulley rigs
baited with either Squid / Lug or Squid Sandeel
baits.
 An hour into the session and
this little Conger took a
Squid / Sandeel bait bait.
My grandchildren were very
pleased to see me catch something,
as was I.
A few more drop back bites followed
but each time they dropped off.
Till 17.20
when this Codling  took a Squid Lug bait.
 Up till then there no sign of weed.
However as the tide topped the wetlands grass bank
it all changed.
The washing was really on the line,
so I had really trouble with the grass blocking
the shock leader knot from passing through the top eye.
When I caught another small Conger, taking Squid / Sandeel bait
I had to pull it up, hand over hand.
However it caught in the rocks below
and I never manged to land it.

Even a small Whiting took a look
at a Squid/Lug bait
as it was hooked through the stomach
 so it went back out as a live bait.
However there was no more action except for 
grass, so as the tide was at the 
bottom of the rocks and darkness
was close, as well as the bait running out.
I packed up and headed home
at 19.00.


 Very nice Codling for my diner.
We had it today,
that was the best tasting fish I,ve had for a while.


No comments: