Wednesday 19 August 2020

Avonmouth Tanks. 18-08-21

 First time down the Tanks

With my usual spot down the grass bank at Rockingham

now a no go due to the parking problems, 

I decided the next best place was the tanks.

I had problems finding the right track

to the Tanks.

Eventually I had help to find the way.

I had missed the first half hour of fishing,

but soon had the baits cast out and fishing.

I then phoned "she who must be obeyed"!

Well that was the time a fairly decent pull on one of rods

proved there were still some fish in the channel.

Well I soon felt a good pull back and weight,

unlucky for me the bait the fish took,

felt like a Conger,

was only 12lb with 1/0 hooks it wasn't long  before

what ever was bit through the hook length.

High water was at 19.40.

I had no other interest until my second to last wind in.

Felt extra weight and some pulling back,

this proved to be a 5lb 7oz Thornback Ray.

Baits used were Lug and Squid and Rag and Squid wraps.

This one also took the 1/0 rigs with Rag / wraps.

Packed up 21.00.

No comments: