Friday 7 August 2020

River Avon 05-08-20

Headed to Lacock for an afternoon and evening
of  river fishing.
I was in my first swim by 2pm. This swim was a new one for me.
So in the hour or so I was there, I did quite a few casts to check
out the bottom features.
There are not to many snags so I made a drawing of 
the snags and reeds and cabbage leaves.
This is a must when the river is higher, with
colour and more pace.
I didn't get any interest on the baits, 
I didn't really expect any as the the sun was out
and the river clear and slow.
So I moved to my next swim.

This swim is a deeper one,
I have fished it a couple of times before
but never had much luck.
The main reason for fishing this one
was to introduce my bait in it again
and  do another profile of the bottom.
As it started raining I decided to stay
there for longer than I intended.
Once the rain stopped I headed to swim number three.

This swim is one I have fished recently and I wanted to check
out the bottom again.
There is a good flow from the reeds
into a hole, then a gentle rise  to more reeds.
Unfortunately there is a snag there.
I hope to get it out at a future date.
I sat here and played around with different 
hook lengths, weights and rigs.
A very enjoyable couple of hours.
With time passing very quickly
I moved on to my last swim. 
I did managed to catch this
2lb 7oz, 53cm long rather skinny Chub.
I was using my usual Dunbells and pellet mix
over hemp and Sweetcorn.
Also managed to catch a couple of
22cm Perch.
These were caught on worms.
 With time passing very quickly,I moved on to my last swim. 
This one is a usual swim I fish most times.
However there was no interest here for the
rest of the evening.
Not even the worm getting any interest.
So just after 21.30 I packed up and headed home. Another very enjoyable day. 

No comments: