Saturday 10 September 2022

Nothing big down Duchess Pond.

It was quite atmospheric on the
walk to Duchess this morning,

Again using my old float rod and Quiver tip,

I set up on the east bank this time.

Again I set up the Quiver tip with a cage feeder

 and size 14 .

I made 10 casts before hooking on sweet corn

and red maggot.

Then a Peacock 2 1/2BB float,

 again to a size 14 hook.



It was a very slow start with out
much interest.
Again I tried Sweetcorn, Red Maggot 
and Worm.
Started at 6am and it wasn't till
after 9am that the swims started 
coming alive.
In the end I managed about 5-6 pounds 
of Roach and Perch.
This photo shows the last 20 or so minutes
before I packed up at 11.00.

 A very pleasant mornings fishing,
with plenty of wild life to keep me
entertained.
I didn't take a keepnet so put these in
my landing net.

No comments: