Monday 19 July 2010

Stroud Canal 18-07-10

Andrew (my youngest son) took me on a fathers day trip.
We arrived on a short stretch of disused canal which has
been part cleared and about 2ft deep along most of its length.
Having set up on pegs 11 and 12,
I was surprised at the lack of depth.

I used Colmic 4 x 12 and a 4 x 9 Pesca Pit Dibber,
No 3 and 5 elastics 3ld main line and size 24 hooks to 1ld 8oz hook lenghts.
Baits used were Maggot, Flouro Pinkies,
Casters,Sweet corn and Hooker pellets.
My usual ground bait mix and seed mix was also used.
Andrew won the day with this 4ld 6oz Bream
and 7 other Skimmers, Roach and Perch.
I managed 1x tiny Perch and a tiddler Skimmer!!???
Well and truly beaten.
Andrew concentrating on his float.
This bridge marks the upper end of the fishable area.

Looking up stream from peg 11. Andrew is behind the tree.
Down stream from peg 11

No comments: