Wednesday 14 September 2011

Rockingham 14-09-11

Fished my first session of the Codling season.
Rusty joined me and we were really looking forward
to catching some fish.
Rusty had a bad start with a crack off, snotty wrecking
the rig and a hang up.
Not a happy bunny.
I had a much better start,
Three codling, all takers, in the first three casts.
Weed was a problem but not to much of this stuff
mainly the grass style catching in the top eye.
I used three rods pennell pulley on the
Beach casters and flowing trace on the carp rod.
I cast out no more than 60 yards on the main
rods with the carp rod around 15 - 20 yrds.
Rusty watching the carp rod
5 of the 7 fish I kept for the table
Total catch for me was 6 codling, 1 flounder and 4 snotties.

High tide was at 09.10 and 12.8mtrs.
light south west breeze
and bright sunshine.
What a perfect start to the season.

Better luck next time Rusty.

No comments: