Wednesday 21 October 2020

Later start at Lacock. 18-10-20

Lacock was under an overcast sky,

with 7 degrees and a light southwest breeze.

Started with the usual baits in

a usual swim.

The river was almost back to

to it's usual  state, and clear.

Again the fish were still in  bed

and not out to play.

One new swim tried today

but the steep banks were just to 

slippery and after ten minutes I moved 

further down stream.

I have fished this swim once before

with a good result.

The river had a bit of pace

and was quite clear.

 

This 3lb 3oz Chub was a welcome arrival

on Luncheon Meat.
It put on a good fight
and was quite plump.


The Chub swam straight across
the river into a tangled mess
of branches and brambles.
 I had to move down stream to
 get it out.
It then came to the reeds under my feet
with the help of the landing net I managed
to  get it out and land it.
I packed up at 6.30pm.

No comments: