Monday 26 October 2020

Decided to have a sea fishing trip today.
After a short stop at Reel Fun 
in Portishead,
 headed down to Ladye Bay.
Fished from 11.00 till 15.00.
A breeze was blowing from my left
a south west wind.
Mainly sunny with
occasional patches of cloud.
The  showers luckily passed by
and left me alone.
Baits were
Squid and Rag and
Squid and Lug wraps
to size 3/0. 4/0 and 5/0 hooks.  
Well from the off the baits were coming
 back trashed, as can be seen below.
Until this 7 to 8lb
Conger came along.
I had four other
bites,
pull down of the rod tip,
drop back of the rod tip,
big bow in the line.
STRIKE
Nothing.
How bad was that.
One of the Squid I was using
had this strange
crab cross prawn
type crustacean in it.
 
Well that was about it.
On the way back
spoke to other 4 fishermen.
Result was 2 small conger for one of them
the rest blanked.
Hope they caught after I left.
 

No comments: