Tuesday 11 October 2011

Windy afternoon 09-10-11

WARNING 
DON'T GO OUT ON THE MUD UNLESS
YOU ARE FIT,
AND GO WITH SOMEONE WHO KNOWS THE AREA.
DEEP MUD AND STRONG TIDES TAKE GREAT CARE.
Decided to fish on the shingle off the
Rockingham grass bank.
 I had to walk out over the mud.
OUCH!
That was hard work, not as young as I used to be.
Worse than a 10k run.
Any way, armed with one rod, the rod rest and a bucket with
bait and a spare rig I fished the rising tide.
The wind was pretty strong and gusty, plus 
the drizzle, made it very uncomfortable at times.
Well I managed to catch two Codling
before the tide pushed me back up over the mud
 to the grass bank.
Rusty, little Rusty and Codders turned up,
and we started fishing the last 1 1/2 hours of the flood
and 1 hour down.
Rusty caught a nice Codling, and the rest of us blanked.
It got very wet as drizzle combined with spray,
soaked everything and everyone.
HHHMMMMM!
What a difference a couple of days make.

No comments: