Tuesday 11 March 2014

Good last day up Lacock 10-03-14

I had a later start today
11.30.
It was good to have a lie in,
also to get a few jobs done.

I went to some of my summer swims
 which were snag city in
the floods.

First swim, first fish, Chub 2lb 6 1/4oz, caught in 10 minutes.
That was the same swim I had the same result
during the summer.
Well 20 minutes later I
had a second Chub, 1lb 6oz.
Wow what a great start.


So off to my second swim,
again caught there as well.
A longer wait this time.
It took an hour for the shyest
of nibbles, then a really good
pull and another Chub, 
3lb 15 3/4oz.

Again a bit of a wait then
another Chub, 2lb 2oz.

So on to swim 3,
I had not fished this one before
so was surprised to
catch quickly.
Another just over 2lb Chub in the net.
BUT!
It was also a tackle
grave yard.

Went back to my first swim
and this time it took another hour
before another Chub was caught,
this time it snagged me and
I lost it at my feet,

On to my last swim,
and by now the wind was
easterly and very cold.
From the off,
very shy knocks and taps
proved the weather was starting
take its toll.
As can be seen I was sat
low down and casting to
the tree on the near bank.
My other rod
was cast to near the the fallen
branches on the far bank.
I had hoped the near bank 
rod would catch, no chance.
However the other rod
eventually started to
pull round and drop back.
Another Chub of 2lb 15oz
in the net.


So with dark getting closer
I was thinking of packing up.
When to same rod rattled and pulled round
Chub number 7 was in the net
and again 2lb 14oz.

Well darkness was there and it was time
to go.
Having not taken my winter boots
or leggings, I was by now frozen.
What a plonker, that
cloud had kept the temperature
right down.

No comments: